Hello ‘Fetti Fans!
Welcome to a very special edition of WEDNESDAY IN THE WORKS! Confetti Crew member, Amy Sheffer has a few fabulous creations to share with you!
What is WEDNESDAY IN THE WORKS?
It’s not really about one thing in particular, but rather “the works” of a stamped card or project. A variety of topics will be covered in this segment… from color combos to shaped cards to inspiration pieces to mixing and matching stamps and/or papers…and everything in between.
. . . . .
Hello, Reverse Confetti friends, it’s Amy here today with some cute swivel-flap Valentine riddles. As soon as I saw the square tag, it reminded me of this little swivel cover on my bed post that covers up a bolt hole. To access the bolt, just rotate the cover. Inspired by that, I thought I’d try making some sort of project where the tag rotates and underneath is a surprise. First, I thought about having the tag cover a circle window to a treat box. But then lift-the-flap books came to mind, and I knew some punny Valentine riddles would be perfect! I looked up lots and lots of Valentine riddles, keeping Reverse Confetti products in mind, and came up with quite a few ideas using various images and sentiments, plus some computer-generated text. I’m showing four of those ideas today.
First, a look at all four Valentines closed, where you can see the riddles:
And here they are with the tag rotated out of the way to reveal the answers:
I started all four Valentines with the large rounded rectangle from DOCUMENTED Confetti Cuts. Each riddle and answer is printed and/or stamped on a SQUARE TAG and tied onto the rounded rectangle. I kept the same color scheme for all four, embellishing each with a white embossed row of dots from I LIKE YOU, a row of hearts from LOVE NOTE Confetti Cuts, a strip with a stamped XOXOXO from CRUSHIN’, and a “Happy Valentine’s Day” sentiment from PUPPY LOVE. The riddles are all done with computer-generated text, then stamped with dotted lines from ROUNDABOUT.
The envelope and postal stripes are from NORTH POLE WISHES. Inside is computer generated text die-cut into a scalloped circle using a die from CIRCLES ‘N SCALLOPS, and a trio of hearts from LOVE NOTE Confetti Cuts
The whale is from HAPPY HARBOR. Inside I stamped “i love you a” from BE A BARISTA onto pink card stock, heat embossed in white, and die-cut into a scalloped circle using CIRCLES ‘N SCALLOPS Confetti Cuts. The red heart is die-cut using HEART TO HEART Confetti Cuts, and the word “ton” is done by combining individual letters from SPOOKY SENTIMENTS.
Pink Car Valentine:
It’s fun to look at stamps and sentiments you already have, mixing, matching, combining in new ways! Here are a few other ideas:
- the fish from HAPPY HARBOR + o-fish-al sentiment from SUGARY SWEET SENTIMENTS.
- the fish from HAPPY HARBOR + hugs and fishes (use stamps from I LIKE YOU, making the word “fishes” from individual letters)
- the plane from HERE WE GO + “it’s plane to see” on the top tag, and “you’re the Valentine for me” underneath
- one of the sweet poochies from PUPPY LOVE + the “I Woof You” sentiment, also in PUPPY LOVE
- a Valentine-themed donut with heart sprinkles + “donut you know” on the outside, and “you’re the best” on the inside, all from DONUT YOU KNOW
- the acorn from SAMMY SQUIRREL or FOREVER FALL + “What did the squirrel say to his true love on Valentines Day?” on the outside and “I’m nuts about you” underneath
- the cat from SPOOKY CUTIES + “you’re purr-fect for me, Valentine”
I’d love to hear your ideas as well! Thanks for joining me today!
. . . . .